Essential Oils are amazingly effective
For some of us, using essential oils for overwhelm are a common part of life. We try to find all kinds of ways to stop chasing squirrels, following the shiny object or simply find it too easy to be distracted because we’re bored with our present tasks.
However, to succeed at anything focus is required. I suffer with ADHD, apparently like many Americans in this day and time. As a huge advocate and educator of essential oils, I know the power and beauty at work when these oils are put to use. I use essential oils in my everyday life so that I can focus on the priority and stop the busy. Since overwhelm happens to all of us at one time or another, we can look at essential oils that can offer support at any time.
Here are my favorite essential oils for getting out of overwhelm, fatigue, needing motivation and focus.
Lavender oil is my best friend. It is a safe oil and doesn’t require me to dilute it with a carrier oil. When my shoulders are up near my ears and I really need to calm down I use this one of 3 ways:
- I put 2 drops of Lavender Essential Oil in the palms of my hands, rub my hands together and then cup my nose with my hands and inhale. Instantly I feel my shoulders dropping and my breathing deepens.
- I add a few drops Lavender Essential Oil to a diffuser that sits in my office. Then the entire room becomes softer.
- You will need a spray bottle with about 4 oz. of water. Add 10 drops of Lavender Essential Oil. Shake well. Spray on the back of your neck for relief from stress. If you have children — this is the best monster spray in the world. It immediately calms the kids, gets rid of the monsters, and starts to ease your headache. A Win-Win for everyone.
Those days where I’m suffering from brain fatigue or mental fogginess Lemon Essential Oil is the go to oil. It also helps with overcoming lack of motivation or drive. If your environment (work or home or home office) is out of control this will surely help. It elevates your mood, boosts productivity, clears away the brain fog.
NOTE: This oil is not safe to add directly to the skin.
- Add a few drops of Lemon Essential Oil to your diffuser. If you don’t have a diffuser, use a cup of warm water. Add a few drops to the water and site near your desk, work area or study area.
- You can add a few drops of Lemon Essential Oil to the filter on your HVAC system. This gives the entire home a boost.
- Add a few drops Lemon Essential Oil to the wash when doing laundry. It’s better than the laundry sheets.
NOTE: I can’t emphasize this enough. In Aromatherapy — MORE IS NOT BETTER
Peppermint Essential Oil is for the days when you need to show up but the rest of you is just showing out. When you need mental clarity, when the distractions are completely in control, you’re hot and bothered, Peppermint Essential Oil is your best friend. The Menthol in peppermint is cooling and refreshing. Just that alone helps to bring you more in control of yourself. It is a potent learning and memory aide so you will be able to complete the tasks at hand. It is invigorating so you will start to feel like yourself.
NOTE: Peppermint Essential Oil is not safe to put directly on the skin.
- Desperate times calls for desperate actions — open the bottle of Peppermint Essential Oil and take a deep breath. Hold for 10 seconds and exhale. Let your body process this. If you can be still for 2–3 minutes this will work even better.
- Add a few drops of Peppermint Essential Oil in a diffuser. If no diffuser use a cup with 8oz of warm water. Add a few drops of the oil and let it sit for a moment. Peppermint is potent so you do not need a lot.
- You can also add a few drops of Peppermint Essential Oil to your HVAC filter. This will cover the entire house. Please add only a few drops. You’re welcome!
In Aromatherapy MORE IS NOT BETTER.
Lemon Essential Oil is Antifungal, Antiviral, Antibacterial and Antiseptic. With the power of this oil you it is one the best that you can use to clean and deodorize your home. In an 8oz spray bottle, add 40 drops of Lemon Essential Oil. Shake Well. This can be used on the countertops, the kitchen, the bathroom, the laundry room and your house will smell amazing!
Thank you for subscribing to my content. I share content about business development, and aromatherapy through essential oils. This promotes the merging of your business growth and personal development calmly and successfully into your everyday life.
If you are new to Medium you can join by following this link. A small part of your membership fee will support my content and many great experts and writers on this platform.